When someone you love or care about ends up in the hospital, it can be difficult to know how to communicate your feelings. You want the best for the person who is ill and hope that they make a quick recovery. Whether you can take the time to visit the hospital or not, sometimes words just aren’t enough to show how much you care. This is why people have practiced sending flowers to those in the hospital for hundreds of years. It’s become a universal gesture of empathy, affection, and humanity. Here, we’ll take a look at the whys and the hows of sending flowers to a hospital.
Why flowers are the perfect gift to send to the hospital.
From chocolate arrangements and fruit baskets to colorful balloons and handwritten cards, there are several gifts people routinely send to hospitals. If you’ve been struggling to decide on the right option, let’s explore some reasons why flowers are the best gift to send to a hospital:
- Flowers offer a fresh and vital feeling for those cooped up in a white hospital room.
- Everyone has a favorite flower that makes them feel comfortable.
- Flowers smell great and can give people a feeling of calmness.
- The recipient will know you care with such a thoughtful gesture.
- Flowers are easy to purchase online and have shipped to the hospital without having to leave your home.
Shopping online versus shopping in a brick-and-mortar store.
During your busy schedule, you don’t always have time to stop by the store to pick up a bouquet of roses to bring to someone in the hospital. Furthermore, you might not even be living close enough to make the trip. This is just one of the many reasons why it’s better to purchase your flowers online before sending them to the hospital. You’ll also have a greater selection of flower types, colors, bouquet designs, and more. You might even be surprised by the cost of purchasing flowers online versus buying them in a store. Perhaps the greatest advantage is being able to have them sent to the hospital right after purchase.
What to keep in mind when sending flowers to the hospital.
Before settling on any type of flower, you want to make sure that the recipient doesn’t have any allergies. You don’t want to spend a lot of time picking out something you think is thoughtful only to realize that it’s going to cause an allergic reaction to someone already in the hospital. If you can’t remember for sure, you can always ask someone who might know. When in doubt, you can always go with a lower-risk flower that most people don’t have allergies to.
Think hard about the person to which your sending these flowers. Do they have a favorite flower? Does a sunflower remind them of a sun or a tulip of the brightness of spring? Finding a flower that holds a special place in their heart can help augment the gesture and really make it something unique that they’ll never forget.
Ideally, you’ll be able to find a flower that can last long after the recipient leaves the hospital. Depending on the condition of your loved one, however, you might be better off choosing a flower that doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. This way, even if they’re not able to water it consistently, they’ll still have something to take home at the end of their stay.
What’s the process of sending flowers to the hospital?
1. Talk with the hospital directly to see what their policy is for accepting and receiving flowers.
2. Determine which time would be best to have the flowers delivered for the hospital to accept.
3. Look online to see what kind of flowers would be perfect to convey your empathy and thoughtfulness to the person in the hospital.
4. Decide if you want to send something in addition to the bouquet like some chocolates or a nice letter.
5. Make sure to input the correct hospital address and ideal delivery time when filling out the shipping information.
6. Call to make sure that the package was received.